Job title: Finance Lead
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Reporting to: Country Manager,
The Finance Lead is responsible for overseeing general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions as well as collaborating with other Project Managers on all aspects of SME finance and financial institution partnerships to enhance SME engagement and Access to Finance.
The Manager will focus on setting up accounting systems and developing the capacity of SMEs to source for finance from Financial Institutions (Banks & non-Banks ie. equity). The successful candidate should have a solid experience as an expert in SME Finance in Senegal. She/he works in close coordination with all IIA Managers, who support the unit with strategic and technical advice.
The objective of this role is to
- 1. Oversee accounting/finance function by:
- maintaining general ledger and ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks
- reconciling account balances and bank statements
- preparing month-end close procedures
- analyzing financial reports and forecasts
- 2. Set up and manage a IIA Access to finance program which includes:
- Design and development of Investment Readiness Programme and interventions to increase SMEs finance success rate
- Analysis of SMEs constraints and opportunities for systemic change
- Partnership relationship management with Financial Partners
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Supervise monthly declarations and filings
- Develop and document business and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls
- Supervise the SME Investment Readiness Programme - providing input on how to support suitable SME for accessing finance from banks and investors.
- Maintain understanding of the SME Finance landscape, with both private and public sectors
- Support other IIA Managers in organising workshops and seminars for finance activities and sharing learning with the wider IIA team.
- Acting as the focal point for SME Finance activities
- Advise SME and IIA on market analysis and segmentation, SME financial products, SME credit risk evaluation processes
- Manage consultants supporting with the achievement of the Access to finance component.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Proven experience as a senior accountant and/or auditor
- In-depth understanding of Accounting Principles
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month/quarter/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like Odoo, Saari etc…
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- experience facilitating finance for SME
- experience in general credit delivery
- Able to work independently and to provide recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Experience working with financial institutions (banks)/investors
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Job title: Project Manager
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Reporting to: IIA Country Manager
Invest in Africa plans to engage a Project Manager (PM) in anticipation of a Business Linkage Program in Senegal. The PM will focus on increasing the number of partnerships between Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and large companies in Senegal by improving the quality of local business goods and services, raising corporate standards and removing barriers preventing SMEs from accessing new clients/export markets, finance and skills.
The Project Manager will be responsible for Managing the AfDB funded programme in line with the Key Performance Indicators and managing the Key Financing Partner.
Programme Management and Operations
- 1. Provide overall management and coordination of all work streams including Technical and Operations in the mobilisation and delivery of program results.
- 2. Directly line-manage the project team including delivery partners, consultants, Business Advisory and quality assurance.
- 3. Raise interest amongst IIA Partners’ supply chains to register on the programme,
- 4. Recruit SMEs onto the programme and identify their training needs in line with the programme specifics.
- 5. Write progress reports for internal and external use according to the standard or specifications required by donor and Fund Managers or as may be required by the IIA leadership.
- 6. Participate and lead program related workshops, review meetings, training and community engagements.
- 7. Anticipate risk and take steps to mitigate them.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- 1. Manage all areas of M&E, to ensure that internal monitoring is carried out effectively and that external impact evaluations are being conducted in the manner intended.
- 2. Develop and track relevant Project documents and systems such as the Logframe, M&E Framework and monitoring tools.
- 3. Apply the internal monitoring and evaluation system in collaboration with the project team to ensure accurate record keeping, adequate and relevant data collection and analysis.
- 4. Ensure the documentation of lessons learned and best practices are shared through internal and external IIA knowledge sharing forums.
- 5. Manage the relationship and deliverables of the external evaluation partner in line with donor requirements.
Managing partners, suppliers and stakeholders
- 1. Work with the Consultants and key stakeholders to ensure Project sustainability.
- 2. Sustain positive partnerships and networking relationships with key stakeholders on projects to achieve overall objectives.
- 3. Integrate Partners’ commitment (in kind or cash) of training support to the programme and ensure they deliver.
- 4. Update stakeholders including IIA steering committee boards and donors,
- 5. Actively communicate and maintain good working relationships with external suppliers and consultants who collaborate with Invest in Africa in various ways in the delivery of our Skills Development Programmes
- 6. Highlight best practices emerging from project at sector platforms and other relevant public events.
- 7. Manage key stakeholders including donors to guarantee continued interest in funding IIA Skills programmes
- 8. Convey the Business Linkage Programme advisory board to get their commitment and support in the delivery of programmes and achieve overall objectives.
Procurement and Contract Management
- 1. Lead in all procurement activities in line with AfDB procurement guidelines
- 2. Manage programme contract to achieve the desired outcomes
- 3. Lead in the selection of implementing firms for the project
Qualifications & Experience
- 1. Relevant degree in, Project Management, Development studies or similar related or relevant fields, although other degrees will be considered in light of candidate’s experience.
- 2. Minimum of 5 years field experience in Private Sector Development with NGOs in developing countries
- 3. Previous experience of budget and procurement management within donor funded project
Key skills & Competencies
- 1. Strong project management skills and experience managing donor funded projects
- 2. Highly functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- 3. Strong people management skills and experience in line managing teams
- 4. Skills and experience in external stakeholder engagement including donors, government and private sector and experiences with coordination of multi-stakeholder forums
- 5. Knowledge and experience of supply chain management is essential
- 6. Experience managing AfDB funded projects and good understanding of AfDB procurement rules.
- 7. Experience running a capacity building programme from design through to successful completion
- 8. 6-8 years’ industry experience
- 9. Skills in report writing and monitoring and evaluation
- 10. Bilingual French-English
- 1. Self-starter and team player with high standards
- 2. Ability to multitask and work under some level of pressure
- 3. Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and with multi- and interdisciplinary teams
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1st September 2021.
Applicants should send their applications (Resume and Cover letter) to email@example.com